Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I had blocked nose

Woke up this morning, while putting on my makeup, I decided to call back office to apply for a half-day urgent leave. I had delivery from Rent-That-Toy company from 9am to 11am. I had asked my mum to help but decided to stay home to collect the items myself. These are the toys I rented for Constance to play when she comes home this weekend. Adrian complaint that it is a waste of money, both to buy and to rent! Hey...let's give our little girl some decent toys to play. She is turning 6 (months) this friday so just make it a birthday treat for her.




By mid-morning, my nose got so conjested that I had difficulty breathing. I search through my first-aid box and found some yellow pill meant for itchness, rashes and running nose. The label on the pill wrote *may caused drowsiness*. Since it said MAY, I thought it won't and I popped 1 pill into my mouth and that's it! Nose still super conjested but the whole world around me is spinning. Btw, the pill dated Nov 2004, expiry on Sept 2007! Guess I couldn't go to work anymore therefore I went to a nearby clinic to see the Doctor. I was happily taking my i-medic card issued by my company from NTUC Income along to the clinic, hoping I can use it so that I can pay less. That clinic was listed in the card list but when I flashed my card to the lady sitting behind the counter she said "Oh, we only recognise the RED card issued by NTUC Income". This really pissed me off, I said the card was also issued by NTUC Income and her replied was "we don't recognise the i (as in i-medic) on the card". Anyway, I didn't continue to argue with her, seeing the Doctor is more important. Doctor is a nice guy, he gave me 1 day MC. I took the pills given by the Doctor and was completely knock out flat on my bed. I believe it must be the previous pill I took since the Doctor said his won't cause drowsiness. I woke up, no more blockage but still having the spinning effect now. I did some house chore so that I don't have to do it tomorrow...

Presenting two little ladies who are not very lady-like:

Chubby little Alycia, my niece who is 2 days older then Constance. Pretty huh, with lot of hair but she like to sit with her leg open wide. Airy maybe.


Not so chubby yet naughty little Constance. She loves to stand and jump jump jump.
I did put in effort to make the blanket for Constance. With 215 sts on the knitting needle, it felt like a never-ending-project. After about 20 rows, it suddenly strike my mind that cotton (I am using 4ply cotton) may not be an ideal material to use to make a warm blanket. I am going to spotlight later to see if there is any baby wool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home