Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

MIA

Sorry for the leak of posts. I was MIA, partly I am lazy, partly because I feel stress. What happen? Because recently Constance doesn't want to eat her semi-solid foods. Why? Many reasons:

1. Not interested in food. She never show keen interest in eating before.

2. She was tricked to open her mouth to eat twice. So now she make sure she keep her mouth completely shut no matter how you try trick her to open.

3. Got burnt by accident once. So maybe she has phobia now.

4. Teething. I hope this is the main reason. Then she will go back to eating again but I am not very hopeful that this is the answer for her complete attitute to shut off from food as she still show no sign of teething yet.

I have tried all sort of things to make her to eat like switching my homemake cereal to rice porridge and to mash potatos. All didn't seem to work but she likes to eat yoghurt though. I don't want to cultivate the habit to only give the type of food she likes. What if one day she said she only want to eat plain white rice? What nutritious value can you get from there? I just want her to eat healthy so she can grow healthy. I guess my puree sucks...don't think I am allow t make it anymore...Once failed, others may said NO to it and put a stop to it. Haiz...


What happen? How? What should I do? Everyone told me this is temporary and she will return to eating again but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Come and console me if you can and give me advise. I am so worried this is going to be permanent...



Anyway, I am going to make some finger food for her, like steam cube carrot, sweet potato and pumpkin. Super mini potato cheese balls and organic pancake. Hope she likes it. Wish me luck.

Some photos to share.


Hi all, long time no see. I slim down quite abit and my mummy is very worried.

Mummy, can you asked that hungry monster behind me to stop biting my backside?

I am so this tall now...

These pic was taken when I still like to eat.

Bossy me

See...I can stand! My daddy said I have a sexy butt!


Daddy let me test drive his car. Going Ikea again.


What! Time to go? I still want to play!






I love to ride on the travelator. But must be careful okie!

Showing off my talent!



5 Comments:

Blogger S@L said...

Hi Dor,
dun worry, it really is temporary. My Favian boy also shy away from food many times in his growing up years. he was nvr a fan for cereals and i 'graduated' him to porridge very early.

Give Constance milk if she dun take solid at the moment, no need to worry cos there are lotsa chances for her to explore solids in future!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Mommy Mash said...

Dor,

dun stress...hope this will be over soon...if she still drinking milk, then at least there's food...

dun blame yaself...constance knows that u love her alot and preparing varieties of nutrition food for her...

10:59 PM  
Blogger J. John said...

How r u and how's constance's feeding now?

I'm going to repeat what u already know and what the other mums said - this phase will pass. Dun worry!

Jireh is also a fussy eater and i can say he has 'character'. lol. Those that he don't like, he really won't eat and has his pattern to let me know that he don't like. Ask alexis, she'll know. Jireh will close his lips tight tight, or he'll store the food in his mouth and refuse to swallow, or he'll spit it out when he dont like. Faint right! haha... but he's still gaining weight steadily and is chubby and healthy. Key is also to give the babies what they like to eat (but must be healthy and nutritional lah!). I've come to accept that no matter how young they are, they are still an individual and they have their own feelings too! Some of jireh's food, i personally dont wana consume also. lol. So cant blame him if he also find it bland or distasteful.

Hope this encourages u. =)

12:18 AM  
Blogger Dor said...

Hi Jireh mummy,

Constance is better now. She had diarrhea for 3 weeks after the not-eating incident. Now still a fussy eater but at least she will eat abit. A few mouthful, she will close her lips tight tight like Jireh hahaha. Her fav food is bread, cheerios and yoghurt. Porridge ande Oatmeal, she will eat a few mouthful. So now whenever she eats, she will take 1 mouth of porridge and 1 cheerio...haiz. She is putting on weight and growing so still ok.

12:50 PM  
Blogger J. John said...

Hi Dor,

You can add mashed banana in the porridge too! That did the trick for Jireh. I even added chocolate to every mouthful of porridge when i was at my most desperate ends. lol

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home