Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Flash cards

Yesterday, my colleague asked if I teach Constance to read. Then she told me she attended the Glenn Doman's seminar and spent $599 on flashcards. Oh my goodness! I know GD's flashcards are solid and good but $599! I know the important and benefit to teach kid to read from young but alot of motivation still have to come from the parents. So what if you have GD flashcards but you do not have self-discipline? I do read to Constance occasionally and sing to her everyday. It is so difficult to get her to listen to me while I read as you know, she is so active (unless I tied her up which is impossible haha) but I still try anyway. Now I am adding flashcards and I hope she will benefit from it oneday. Again, it is not easy...especially when she is trying to snatch my A4 size paper!

This is my DIY flashcards. Cheapo me who is trying to save $599! But hey, if you have the heart, even DIY can work. Currently I am teaching things that she can see more often like items around the house and body parts.


And something speacial...


I have completed the left panel of my eyelet wrap. Right panel going to complete soon as well.



FYI, the capalet is done but because I don't like how the ribbing look, I have frogged it. Now it has turned into a big ball. I have decided to change the ribbing into seed stitch pattern so now slowly redoing it. After the eyelet wrap is done, here is my next project:
Oh puffy sleeves are so IN now that I must make this piece! You can find puffy sleeves cardis/blouses everywhere and recently I bought 2 of such cardi and blouse from G2000. I bought some dark grey wool yarns just for this. So once my wrap is done, here I come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home