Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 23, 2006

What a coincidence

My DH brought me to his promotion ceremony cum dinner. Surprisingly, I bumped into two persons whom I never met for a very loooooong time.
No 1 - My secondary school geography teacher, Mrs Ong. Her husband, who is a NSmen, got promoted too. The instant she walked passed me, I recongnised she was my teacher. She still looks the same except she has grown 'bigger'. I wanted to approached her to say "hi" but afraid she won't recognise me. Then, I found her staring at me. So what should I do? It looks so awkward as I tried not to meet her eyes but it is too obvious and I cannot be so rude! Quickly, I flashed her a big smile and she gave me this hand and mouth signal asking, "Do I know you?" Immediately, I walked towards her and said, "YES! you are my geography teacher." Wow...so amazing and unbelievable, my teacher actually recongnised me after 12 years! I didn't expect her to remember my name though but when I told her I am "Yuling" she said, "oh yes, Yuling!" She used to be my favour teacher and I really enjoyed her lessons. We chat abit, talking about my school days and I tried to get her recalled the rest of my classmates. She couldn't visualize who they are when I told her the names. So she said she would go back to check the year book. Sadly, there wasn't any year book during our time. She even asked if I had a class photo and obviously, I don't. She took down my email and hoping I can go back to school to look for her with the rest of the classmates one day. Yes, she still teaches at JTSS! Now, I wonder how could I contact my ex-classmates...
No 2 - ex-colleague from Cargill. We chat alot tonight, about Simex, about his wife (who also got promoted), about my sister and ex-BIL (they are ex-colleagues too) and about becoming a car saleperson. I gave him my number but I don't think he will call hehe.
No photo to show you because I am in a restricted zone. Not allow to bring camera or camera phone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Enjoyed my visit here and thanks for the link.
My heart goes out to you and I know how you feel as it took me ages to have my kids and for a long long time I thought it wasn't meant to be.**hugs**

8:33 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Just visiting...having a lazy afternoon surfing the blogs. You are a very talented person, hope you are having a relaxing day.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home